- 1½ pounds of steak (round, sirloin, etc)
- Steak rub to coat
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 Anaheim chilies, seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 Jalapeno chili, seeds removed and diced
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarse fresh ground rainbow pepper
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 bottle of dark beer, room temperature
- Optional - shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions for toppings.
A couple of quick notes about the recipe and techniques I used:
- When grilling the steaks, I used lump charcoal and standard briquettes.
- The steak rub is Brazos Legends “Sizzlin' Steak Rub”.
- Cooking the steak to medium rare or medium would be best to help keep the steak as tender as possible.
- I kept the Weber Performer Grill lid on while cooking the Grilled Steak Chili in the Dutch oven.
- Keep only a few briquettes on the bottom under the Dutch oven – I had about 10 under mine.
- Stir chili every 25 – 30 minutes or so to keep the chili from sticking to the bottom.
- Cook time will vary depending on your conditions – Mine cooked for a little over an hour in the Dutch oven.
Click here to view Full Recipe Directions