- 1 15-ounce can black eyed peas, with or without jalapenos
- 1 15-ounce can shoepeg or whole kernel corn
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped. I used about 1/2 cup. Adjust to your liking.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste, I didn\'t think it needed salt, especially when serving with salty chips.Â
Black Eyed Pea Salsa also knows as Texas Caviar is a delicious dip or salad topper recipe. Easy to make and always a hit, this recipe is a pantry staple with canned black beans, black eyed peas, and corn. My version has a simple homemade vinegar dressing. Bright and flavorful, this salsa is the perfect. addition to salads, tacos, and wrapsClick here to view Full Recipe Directions