Are you looking for some great comfort food recipes to get you through the winter months? These cold winter days are perfect for those slow cooking recipes that make your home smell like heaven. You know the home-style kind that your Mom and Grandma used to fix while you were at school. I remember coming home from school to the best smells that good cooking has to offer. I love those kind of meals and now that all the trees are down and the ground is almost a shade of brown those comfort foods are just the perfect pick me up. These Fall Off The Bone Beef Short Ribs are mouthwatering goodness. They slow cook for about two hours. Dutch ovens are perfect because you can do it all in one pan. However if you have an ovenproof skillet that will work as well or you can just use a skillet and a casserole dish.
Fall Off The Bone Beef Short Ribs slow cooks perfectly seasoned beef short ribs, carrots and onions in a broth that turns into an awesome gravy. You can serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Add a nice crusty piece of french bread and you will think that you have won the lottery. Have you tried any of my other comfort food recipes? Crock Pot Chuck Roast and Vegetables, One Skillet Savory Beef Tips and Gravy and Chicken Green Bean Stuffing Casserole are just a few family and friend recipes.
Yes folks winter does have its benefits. You might as well take full advantage of the recipes for the season like this lip smacking Fall Off The Bone Beef Short Ribs . Before you know it the season will be over and you will be looking for salads, fruit and grill recipes.
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) low sodium beef broth
- 2 medium onions quartered
- 3 carrots peeled and chunked
- In large ziploc bag add flour, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne. Add short ribs and shake to coat.
- In dutch oven or large heavy skillet melt 1-2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add short ribs and brown on all sides. Do not overcrowd so you may need to work in batches. Add more butter if necessary. Remove browned short ribs to plate. Add wine to deglaze the pan. Stir to remove the brown bits from the pan. Add Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, onions and carrot and browned short ribs. Cover with lid or heavy aluminum foil and place in oven at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Remove the meat and veggies to a platter. Thoroughly mix 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water, then pour into your sauce. Cook over medium heat for several minutes to thicken.
- Serve gravy poured over meat and veggies.
Other comfort food recipes you will love!