Did you have a nice Easter? Or just a nice leisurely weekend? We had family over and we served all kinds of goodies. We had a very unorthodox dinner. We had Gorgonzola cheese & crackers and Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls for appetizers. I mixed up a double batch of my Easy Frosty Strawberry Mimosas. I served four kinds of quiche, yes indeed lots of tastes to satisfy around here. The sides were fresh fruit salad and fresh greens with sugar snap peas, red peppers, tomatoes and red onions drizzled with a little honey mustard vinaigrette. For dessert we had cheesecake stuffed lemon bundt cake with a light sweet lemon glaze. I think I gained a pound yesterday so it is time to turn this ship around.
I think it is time to clean it up a bit. This One Skillet Steak and Peppers is just what the doctor ordered without sacrificing flavor. It is low in carbohydrates, full of nutrition and has plenty of protein to satisfy even the heartiest appetite. It is all prepared in one large skillet albeit you do need to plate some things while you are preparing this but you can use those same plates to eat off of unless company is heading your way.
This beautiful One Skillet Steak and Peppers has so much flavor. It is packed full of juicy steak, tender crisp onions and bell peppers in a lightly sweet Hoisin ginger mustard sauce that is amazing. You can serve over rice or udon noodles but it tastes delectable all by itself…no carbs necessary!!
Give this One Skillet Steak and Peppers a whirl and let me know what you think. Leave a comment or leave a suggestion if you made any changes that you want to turn us on to. Cooking is for everyone so please give us the low down.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root or ginger root paste
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs trimmed steak and cut into bite size strips (such as petite shoulder, sirloin or T-bone)
- 1 green pepper julienne cut
- 1 red pepper julienne cut
- 1 medium sweet onion cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon Hoisiin sauce and stir to blend. Turn heat up to medium high and add steak. Cook until browned and slightly crispy; stirring several times. Cook 4-10 minutes depending on how you like your steak. Remove from pan and plate.
- In same skillet over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add pepper and onions and cook until just starting to brown on the edges; approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and plate.
- In same skillet over low heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook garlic for 30 seconds. Add cider vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce. Return steak, peppers and onions to pan and stir to coat. Warm for 1-2 minutes.
Hoisin sauce can be found in the Asian food section of your grocery store.
Other recipes you will love!