MOZZARELLA STUFFED MEATBALLS are the ultimate appetizer! Theses Italian meatballs are stuffed with whole milk mozzarella and they are oh so juicy and tender. You better make a double batch of these Mozzarella Meatballs if you want them to last!
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are so cheesy, juicy, and delicious! These Mozzarella Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are SO good! To say I’m obsessed with this recipe is an understatement. I want to throw copies of this recipe from the rooftops so that everyone can enjoy these Mozzarella Meatballs as much as we do!!
I have to admit, Mom came up with this Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatballs recipe after I told her about a craving I was having, and I’m so lucky that she did. I’m going to be requesting she make these time and time again, most likely including this weekend. I’m totally addicted!
These Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs would be the perfect appetizer for tailgating, a party, or before dinner with friends.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are the ultimate appetizer! They’re so cheesy and delicious covered in marinara sauce.
Italian Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella Cheese
I told Mom I wanted mozzarella stuffed meatballs and she scoured the internet for different recipes to blend together to create a masterpiece. She adapted this recipe from The Recipe Critic, one of our all-time favorite sites. You guys, Alyssa is the QUEEN and I just love her site. Her recipes are tested and good every single time. Mom made some changes but the original idea was Alyssa’s. Be sure to check out her site ASAP!
Mozzarella Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
We served these cheesy Mozzarella Meatballs with store bought marinara sauce because I’ll be honest, that’s just how I roll sometimes. When you can find easy shortcuts to make a home cooked meal that much easier, I’m all for it!
Do some taste testing and find a pre-made marinara that you love and it goes a long way with these Italian meatballs. Sure you can always make spaghetti and spend all day on it and that’s the way to go, BUT for an appetizer like these Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs, I think store bought is just fine.
How long do you bake mozzarella stuffed meatballs?
These Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs take about 15-20 minute to bake in the oven. I can’t believe how easy and quick this Italian meatballs recipe is. They turn out sooo juicy and cheesy!
What temp do you bake meatballs in the oven?
If you want to bake meatballs in the oven, set your oven to 350 degrees. These Mozzarella Meatballs turn out perfectly! Just the right crispiness on the outside and the perfect ooey gooey melty cheese on the inside. I LIKE.
Once you taste these Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs you’re going to want to eat them all the time. Not great for the waistline but great for the soul. I’m going to write a new book called Stuffed Meatballs for the Soul. Wayyy better than Chicken Soup for the Soul :).
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. Enjoy!
If you like these Mozzarella Meatballs, try these other meatball recipes:
- Swedish Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Orange Marmalade Meatballs
- Peruvian Drop Meatballs
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs
- 1½ pounds ground chuck 80-90% lean
- 1/3 cup Parmesan breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- ½ t dried oregano
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces Mozzarella pearls or 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into ½” cubes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Fresh basil or parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, basil, oregano, egg and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix together until ingredients are incorporated.
- Pinch off 2 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Make a large indentation in the middle (without pushing all the way through), and place 3 mozzarella pearls in the middle of the indentation. Bring the meat up and around the cheese, and completely close off the cheese inside the meat. Roll gently to smooth out the meatball. Place the ball on the lined baking sheet and repeat until all meatballs are made.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. If the cheese bubbles out, the meatballs still taste great. (I made several of these and just a few cooked without the cheese bubbling out.)
- While the meatballs cook, heat the marinara sauce in a small stovetop pan until hot.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and allow them to cool just a few minutes. Place the sauce in a serving bowl and arrange the meatballs over the sauce. Sprinkle with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- The meatballs can be served with pasta, Italian bread and salad as an entire meal.
- The meatballs can also be made a little smaller and served as an appetizer.