This PESTO CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP is the ultimate healthy comfort food. All the flavor and none of the stress. Best tortellini soup ever and made with BUITONI Herb Chicken Tortellini.
The flavors in this delicious Pesto Chicken Tortellini Soup are my absolute favorite; chicken, cheese, basil, tomatoes, white beans…so rustic and tasty. There’s nothing better than a comfort food that you can feel good about, and this simple soup is just that! It’s loaded with flavors that will make you feel warm and fuzzy, and it comes together in minutes. There’s no sense in slaving over the stove when the weather has turned cool and nice and the holidays are approaching. This soup is our new favorite by a landslide!
I recently found out about Buitoni pastas and I haven’t looked back since. I have a couple amazing recipes coming your way, with this delicious Pesto Chicken Tortellini Soup being first up. For this recipe, I used Buitoni Herb Chicken Tortellini and was SO impressed. The flavor of the pasta really shines, and it’s just a bonus that it’s so easy to prepare. I found it refrigerated in the deli section (sometimes it’s in the dairy section) of my local grocery store, and I so hope you check it out. They have lots of varieties and flavors, but you can’t go wrong. The Herb Chicken just might be my favorite!! The pasta is filled with tender chicken breast, lightly seasoned with rosemary, roasted garlic and a touch of Grana Padano cheese.
This soup is not only delicious, but it also reheats like a dream. I ate this several days in a row and loved it more every time. It just tasted like home. I know you’ll love it as much as we do!
Be on the lookout for more tasty soup recipes coming soon. I may be addicted. Can you blame me?
4.5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons BUITONI Pesto with Basil
- 1 package (20 ounces) BUITONI Herb Chicken Tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) white beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- Grated parmesan for garnish
- Heat butter over medium/high heat in a large dutch oven or stock pot. Add in the diced onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds until the garlic and onion are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, pesto, and tomatoes, stirring to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat to low, stirring in the tortellini.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set to simmer and cook for approximately 7 minutes or until the tortellini is al dente.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, spinach, and white beans.
- Stir to combine and allow to simmer until the spinach is wilted to your liking.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve.
Thanks to Buitoni for partnering to create this recipe. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!