- 120 g Red lentil Dhuli Masoor
- 100 g Lupin Flour
- 25 g Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
These Crunchy, Savory, Vegan Gluten-Free Crackers use only few ingredients and are so easy to make at home. You are going to love the irresistible flavor of these low carb protein rich crackers. These gluten free crackers are perfect as a pre-dinner nibble either with a dip or a chunk of cheese or even with a hot cup of tea. Made with whole-grain, nutrient dense ingredients, these gluten free vegan crackers will keep you coming back for more.
- Rinse lentils 3-4 times with tap water or until water runs clear, then soak rinsed lentils atleast for an hour in warm water.
- After an hour drain soaked lentils well using colander and transfer rinsed, soaked and drained lentils to blender jar.
- Add specified quantity of oil and just enough water to facilitate the blending. TIP: Add water in small increment to avoid end up with more than required water in blended lentils.
- Transfer blended lentil to a wide bowl and all rest of the ingredients, lupin flour, Gluten free baking flour, chopped onions, dry fenugreek leaves, sesame seeds, hemp hearts, cumin seeds, red chili flakes and salt.
- Knead all ingredients together in a dough with hand into a semi-sticky dough that’s moldable with your hands and not crumbly. TIP: Dough mixture is going to be sticky so oil well your hands.
- Cover and rest the dough for minimum of 30 minutes either with clean kitchen towel or cling wrap.
- After resting the dough divide into three or four equal parts using bench scraper or a big knife.
- Take one part, make a ball and roll into a ¼ inch thick dough sheet with a rolling pin. While working keep the remaining dough parts covered to avoid drying them out.
- Use a knife, a pastry cutter, or a small cookie cutter to cut the dough approximately into 1.5 inch squares or in your desired shape.
- Use a spatula and carefully transfer the crackers to air fryer basket or on a cookie sheet if baking. Ensure that the pieces aren’t touching or too crowded. This will help them evenly cooked.
- Air fry @ 325oF for 7 minutes first side and after flipping another 4-5 minutes more or until slightly start getting brown from edges. Keep a close eye after flipping the crackers be careful not to burn all the hard work.
- Remove from air fryer and let the crackers cool down.
- Repeat the process with remaining parts of dough as well.
- Enjoy immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 weeks.