5 Ingredient Tuscan Chicken - Boneless chicken thighs browned and then simmered in sauce with artichoke hearts and capers.
Minimizing the amount of ingredients in recipes seems like a newer trend. But, it's not. You know where this has been happening, pretty much forever? Tuscany. Yup, Tuscany that's where.
Tuscan cooking is all about maximizing the flavors from just a few quality ingredients. No need to have a long list of ingredients. In Tuscan cooking, you actually taste each ingredient. Simply stated, it's uncomplicated.
Tuscany is one of the several Italian destinations on my bucket list. One of these days I will go and see where my Mom and Nana came here from. Okay, let me be honest, seeing where they came from would be cool, but really, it's going to be all about the fresh food!
I created this recipe for 5 Ingredient Tuscan Chicken with a few things in mind. First of all, I am a busy Mom. I need to have dinner ready during the week in under a half hour. I need to have flavor. I have no place in my life for bland food. And obviously, since 5 Ingredient is in the title, I wanted to minimize my ingredients.
When I was choosing which sauce I was going to use in this recipe for Tuscan Chicken, I did a little research and it turns out that Bertolli is made the Tuscan Way. I figured, how could I NOT use it. I mean, it fit my theme so perfectly. I opted for the variety called Olive Oil & Garlic. Even better for the theme, olive oil and garlic are two things you'll definitely find in Tuscan cooking.
I was pleasantly surprised to actually be able to actually see the garlic in the sauce. A lot of times, with other brands, ingredients are listed but then when I look, it makes me wonder where the heck that stuff is. This was a beautiful bright color and the flavors worked perfectly. I can't ask for more than that.
Do you want to learn more about The Tuscan Way? Just pop on over to visit the page Follow The Tuscan Way!
5 Ingredient Tuscan Chicken
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 6.5 oz jar artichoke hearts quartered & marinated, drained
- 3 T capers drained
- 24 oz Bertolli Olive Oil & Garlic Sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium/high heat in a large skillet.
- Trim the thighs of excess fat. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and brown, about 4-5 minutes. Turn over and cook other side about 3-4 minutes more.
- Add artichokes and capers to pan.
- Pour sauce into pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Optional: garnish with fresh basil and/or parmesan cheese
[amazon-related-products keywords="non stick skillet"]