Thank you Moore's Marinades & Sauces for the complimentary products I used in making this Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Thigh Casserole.
Are you guys ready to have an intervention with me and my buffalo + blue cheese recipes yet? I am on a serious kick lately. Let's see, over the last few weeks I've made Buffalo Mozzarella Sticks, Buffalo Chik Patty Wraps , & Buffalo Chicken Stromboli.
When I found out there was a recipe contest using the Moore's marinades and I heard there was Blue Cheese Buffalo sauce, I couldn't resist. I mean, come on, you guys know I can't pass up a contest. I'm too full of myself for that.
I started to wonder what I would make and then I remembered a recipe that was uber popular on Pinterest a few years ago. I had even made it a few times for my family - Loaded Buffalo Chicken Casserole. I searched around a bit and found, oh, only about a gazillion different recipes. I finally decided to just stop looking and adapt one of these recipes to what I had in mind.
Most of those recipes have cubed potatoes, bacon, chicken breasts and ranch dressing. I decided to make it a bit easier and use refrigerated hash brown potatoes. I also opted for boneless chicken thighs. I know thighs aren't everyone's thing, but I like them. If you'd rather use breasts go for it. And instead of the ranch seasoning and hot sauce, my flavors came from the Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce. Easy Peasy.
Serve this casserole with a side salad and you've got a complete meal!
Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Thigh Casserole
- 6 Chicken Thighs Boneless & Skinless
- 20 oz Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes refrigerated
- 1 C Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce divided
- 1 C Cheddar Jack Cheese shredded
- 10 ½ oz Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ t Garlic Powder
- ⅕ t Black Pepper
- 2 T Butter melted
- ½ C Panko Crumbs
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
- Optional: Blue Cheese crumbles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Spread hash browns evenly in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, cheese and ½ C Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce.
- Pour sauce mixture over potatoes. Place the chicken over the sauce and season with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Top chicken with remaining Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce.
- Stir together melted butter and panko crumbs.
- Top chicken with crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered in oven for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Broil 5 minutes at end of cooking time.
- Garnish with green onions and if desired, crumbled blue cheese.