Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in the Instant Pot - The Buffalo Chicken Meatballs can be served over rice for an entree, with a skewer/toothpick as an appetizer or as a delicious filling for a sub/sandwich.
This post contains affiliate links.
You know when you are in the process of cooking something new and you just know, deep in your gut, that it's going to be good?
That's how I felt about these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. I just knew it.
And, I wasn't wrong.
At first, I'll admit, I was a little scared that I wouldn't be able to figure out the timing in the Instant Pot. I'm still new to it and while it's amazing, I've had a few flubs. I should create a post just dedicated to my flubs, with the funny photos and all, shouldn't I? That would actually be fun. Or sad. Maybe I should hold off on that.
Anyway, I served up these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in a sub. To start, I toasted up a roll. Next, I placed a slice of mozzarella cheese in the roll and topped it with the meatballs. If the meatballs aren't hot, you might want to pop it back in the oven at this point to help the cheese get all melty. Lastly, just before serving, sprinkle on some blue cheese crumbles and drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Heavenly!
If you prefer to serve these up as an appetizer, I would suggest, serving them with a toothpick or cute appetizer fork/pick in the top and drizzled with blue cheese.
Wanting to serve these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs up for an entree? Just pop them on top of some prepared rice and there you go.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in the Instant Pot
- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ C seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ C red pepper sauce such as Frank's Red Hot
- 2 T melted butter
- Chopped green onions
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Blue cheese dressing
- In a bowl, stir together bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add ground chicken to the bowl and mix by hand. Form into small meatballs (note that mixture will be sticky).
- Set instant pot to saute. Add oil and butter to instant pot. Once butter is melted, add meatballs in batches, being sure not to crowd. Cook just 2-3 minutes per side, until browned. As each batch is browned, remove with spoon or tongs to a plate and continue with next batch.
- Once all meatballs are browned, turn off saute function and add all meatballs back to Instant Pot.
- Stir together melted butter and hot sauce. Pour mixture over meatballs.
- Lock lid in place and turn valve to sealing. Press the poultry setting and set timer to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes is up, use quick release. Stir meatballs to be sure they're coated well and serve.
- Be aware if you are using Buffalo Sauce or just the original cayenne pepper sauce. The buffalo sauce generally already has the butter mixed in, so skip that step if using that product.
- When creating a sub, I use a slice of mozzarella cheese, this is optional.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.