This recipe for One Pot Garlic White Cheddar Shells makes a wonderful side dish to chicken and pork or toss in some pre-cooked chicken and make a meal out of it.
So, you guys know how I have rheumatoid arthritis right? Well, I've talked about it a bit here and there. I'm not much of a "poor me" kind of gal, so I try not to complain.
Sometimes my fingers don't cooperate. My RA has mostly attacked the joints in my fingers. I have had a joint replacement in one of my knuckles. I know, weird, right?
Anyway, the reason I'm telling you my "woe is me" story is because I recently discovered Pop & Cook and it is a lifesaver for me!
Pop & Cook is garlic, onion and herbs that you can find right in the freezer section of Walmart. They are prepared and flash frozen within 90 minutes of harvest. I love that they are fresh like that.
Not only does it save time chopping and save my fingers when they are sore but sometimes it's tough to find fresh herbs this time of year around here. This is like having fresh herbs/garlic all year 'round.
And, you know how your fingers get all garlic smelling for days after chopping garlic? Yeah, that isn't a problem. You just literally "pop" the garlic cube out without even touching it.
I decided to give them a try in a recipe where garlic really shines. I am a huge garlic lover so I wanted to make sure the Pop & Cook was going to live up to they hype.
I must warn you a bit. If you are not a huge garlic lover, you might want to knock the garlic down to 2 cubes for this recipe. I'm not saying it's too much because such a thing would never leave my lips but let's just say if you make this as is, you are safe from vampires. I just happen to love garlic so this was the perfect amount for me. You decide if you think 3 is too much. Each cube is equal to 1 garlic clove so it's easy to measure.
Creating this One Pot Garlic White Cheddar Shells is easy. Simply put all ingredients except the cheese in a pot. Simmer it for about 20 minutes and then stir in the cheeses. Check out the quickie video I made to show you just how easy it is!
One Pot Garlic White Cheddar Shells
- 16 oz small shell pasta
- 3 T butter
- 2 C chicken broth
- 3 C milk I used 1%
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- 2-3 Pop & Cook Crushed Garlic Cubes equals 3 cloves depending on how much garlic you like
- 2 C grated sharp white cheddar
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- Add pasta, butter, broth, milk, salt, pepper and garlic to a large pot over medium heat. Keep a close watch on pot, stirring every few minutes. Once mixture starts to bubble around the edges, quickly reduce heat to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer, uncovered, stirring every couple of minutes, for 15-20 minutes. Once pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed, remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, about 1 C at a time to avoid clumping.
- Serve immediately.
Pop & Cook is found in the freezer section at Walmart. I found mine right next to the frozen veggies.
Pop & Cook products include:
Sauteed Glazed Onions