Instant Pot Cheesecake - A rich and creamy cheesecake, made super easy by preparing in the Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links.
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, after several trials and countless errors, I have finally created an Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe worthy of sharing!
Immediately after I got the Instant Pot, I took to transforming every recipe I could into an easier version. For proof of that visit Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Instant Pot Mac & Cheese, Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Instant Pot Sausage, Onion & Pepper Pasta.
Then, I heard you could make desserts in the Instant Pot. I chatted with a friend who let me know she had been testing out molten lava cakes in hers. I wanted to try that too but I definitely needed to get the cheesecake right before I moved on to something new. I'm neurotic like that.
Perhaps, the best way to chat about this recipe is to tell you where I failed. Here are the major factors of failure with the first few attempts. By the way, in all attempts the actually "cake" was creamy and delicious. The problem was the crust. So here goes.
- I brought the crust too far up the sides of the springform pan. This is generally how I like a cheesecake, but the sides ended up soggy.
- Too much butter. I know! Who knew there was such a thing. The crust seemed to be perfect and then after a day or two, it seemed to be soggy. I asked around in some Instant Pot FB groups and the consensus was the butter.
- The cheesecake too close to the water. I don't know if this was an actual factor but I noticed when I added some additional space between the springform pan and the water, I had a better result.
After all the fails, I found that the thing that worked best for me to keep the crust from being soggy was:
- Pre-Bake the crust
- Wrap the springform pan in foil
- Place the springform pan on balled up foil, on top of the rack to allow more space in between water
Still not convinced? Well, I was so impressed with the results that I served this Instant Pot Cheesecake for Easter. Having the Instant Pot is truly a game changer for holiday prep!
Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 1 T butter melted
- ¾ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 T sugar
- 16 oz softened cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ C sugar
- ⅓ C sour cream room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 T flour, all purpose
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter until well combined. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 7 inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes. Set aside. Once cooled, wrap bottom of springform pan in aluminum foil.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar using either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer. Add sour cream and eggs, one at a time, mixing in between eggs. Finally, add in vanilla and flour. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Pour mixture over prepared crust.
- Place 1 C water into instant pot . Place steam rack into pot. Rip off two pieces of aluminum foil, about 2-3 inches wide and roll each up. Place one on each side of the steamer rack, to create a makeshift, circle shaped rack that will hold the springform pan evenly. Place springform pan on top of foil. You may need to adjust foil to ensure springform pan is sitting evenly.
- Use the manual setting and increase time to 33 minutes. When 33 minutes is up, allow the Instant Pot to use a natural release. Once all steam has been released, carefully remove cheesecake from Instant Pot, using either tongs or kitchen towels, as to not burn yourself. Place cheesecake on cooling rack and remove foil.
- Take 2 paper towels and gently lay them over the top of the cheesecake to absorb any excess water that may be on top. You may need to repeat this step until all water is removed. Take care to get the paper towels close to the edges. Leave out on rack until completely cool. Once cooled, run a butter knife around edges to avoid sticking and release the outer ring. Place cheesecake in refrigerator overnight or for at least several hours (I suggest this step with ALL cheesecakes).
- Top with desired toppings and serve.
I have served this Instant Pot Cheesecake both with my Homemade Strawberry Sauce and more recently with a jarred salted caramel sauce. Both options were awesome. So choose your topping and get "baking".
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.