No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
While shopping for items for my Key Lime Ice Cream Sodas I just posted a couple of days back, I spotted this dessert mix and a great deal on a one pound container of strawberries. Putting the two together seemed like a good thing to do. Today I made it and I am very impressed with how good it is and definitely impressed with the ease in making it and moreover, how little it costs per serving!
- 1 box No-Bake Jello Cheesecake Dessert (for which you'll need just a few items: 5 tbsp. butter, 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 1/2 cups of milk)
- 1/2 lb. strawberries - washed and hulled (except one for garnish)
- Make the crust according to box directions. Press into pie plate.
- Take all but one strawberry for garnish, and cut them up fairly small. Set aside.
- Make the filling according to box directions.
- Fold in the cut strawberries and refrigerate for one hour.
- Fan one whole strawberry for garnish.
Cook time: 0
Cost: approximately $3.36, serving 6 for 56¢ or 8 for 42¢
It's so simple! And take that beautiful berry and fan it on top for a pretty look.
The berries inside of the cheesecake add some more flavor and of course texture. It's eye pleasing too.
When you are ready just slice and serve.
This is a great dessert for any time of the year and any occasion. If you are struggling with the high cost of making your own cheesecake and would love to have one on your Easter dessert table, I highly recommend this. The filling is creamy and not overly sweet and the addition of the berries definitely makes it more festive.