Root Beer Float Cupcakes
Although I am not a great lover of soda, it can be used to add flavor to meals and even desserts. This delightful cupcake is a delicious treat to serve up at backyard barbecues or summer birthday parties. It can be eaten any time of the year and will satisfy the sweet tooth of any root beer lovers that you may know.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 C all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t fine salt
1 1/2 C granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 C whole milk
1/2 Cup Mug Root Beer
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake tins that you desire.
2. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
4. Beat together butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until combined.
5. Add eggs and beat well, scrap the bowl when necessary.
6. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beat until combined.
7. Add milk and the mug root beer and beat blended.
8. Use a ice cream scooper or a big spoon and portion batter evenly into the cupcake tins.
9. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Rootbeer Buttercream Frosting
3 C confectioners’ sugar
1 C butter
1 T of Mug Root Beer
1 T whipping cream
Directions for Icing
1. In a mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together sugar and butter.
2. Mix on low speed until blended and then increase speed to medium beat for 3 more minutes.
3. Add the root beer and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for a few more minutes.
4. Add in more powder sugar if necessary.
5. Garnish with Root Beer candy.