This easy Keto Egg Salad recipe with 4 simple ingredients is creamy, delicious and stays low-carb served on lettuce wraps, keto bread, or sandwiched between chaffles.
If you love Deviled Eggs, then you're going to be just as excited about this egg salad that's perfect for lunches or dinner! It's basically the same recipe in a different form with room to mix-in a few other ingredients if you want to.
Since we started hard boiling eggs in our Ninja air fryer, protein packed recipes like this one became so much easier!
It may be low in carbs, but this is the classic egg salad recipe everyone loves. Present it with the delicious serving options we discuss below and I guarantee everyone will be happy!
Here's what you'll need to make it:
- Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Mayonnaise of any type. Our go-to is Duke's because there's no added sugar.
- Dijon mustard or yellow mustard. Yellow mustard results in a milder taste. Dijon or whole grain mustard give the zingier taste you expect to find.
- Large Eggs. You'll end up with a slightly different ratio depending upon the size you use. The difference is minimal.
Salt and black pepper to taste, We didn't need it!
Add up to a ¼ cup of one or more of these ingredients to make different variations of the recipe:
- Red onion, finely diced
Ways to Hard Boil Eggs
Here are 2 popular ways to cook the eggs:
- Air fryer - place eggs in the air fryer basket. Cook at 250 °F for 15-17 minutes. Exact timing varies depending upon your air fryer. Be sure to test with 1 or 2 eggs first if you've never made them this way.
- Stovetop - place eggs in the bottom of a pot and add water so that they are covered with water with an extra inch or two extra at the top. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then turn off the heat and allow the eggs to sit for 10-12 minutes. The exact time will vary depending upon your stove, pots, etc. However, the time is very forgiving and it's hard to overcook eggs using this method.
- The next step under either method is to immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl filled with ice cold water for at least 5 minutes or until cool to touch. The ice bath stops the cooking process. When done remove with a slotted spoon and pat dry.
- Peel the eggs. Gently tap the end and then roll and crack the rest of the egg. The egg should pop right out.
Directions with Pictures
Once the eggs are cooked and peeled, here's how to complete the recipe:
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and place the egg yolks in a small bowl. Chop egg whites into pieces and set aside. The size of the dice is up to you. We used a knife, but use an egg slicer if you have one!
- Use a fork to crumble the yolks. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar to the bowl.
- Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Fold in chopped eggs and any other ingredients you've decided to add.
The recipe yields about 1 ½ cups of salad.
Ways to Serve
Low-carb egg salad needs to be served on something delicious and low in net carbs. Your favorite sandwich bread is not the only option! Check out these ideas:
- Lettuce wraps - choose a big, leafy green that's also sturdy, like bib lettuce or romaine.
- Low-carb tortilla wraps
- Keto bread - we get ours at Aldi!
- Thin-sliced bread, open faced!
- Keto Chaffle - this is our basic 3 ingredient recipe!
- Cloud Bread - we used ricotta and fresh garlic in this version!
I don't want to dismiss just eating it right out of a little cup. It's perfect that way too!
How long does egg salad last?
Store egg salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 3 days. Move to the refrigerator within 2 hours of preparing to prevent the growth of bacteria. It's perfect for make-ahead meal prep!
Looking for more low-carb recipes?
Check out all our Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet Recipes!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Keto Egg Salad
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- ¼ cup celery or chives (optional) finely diced
Cook Hard Boiled Eggs
- In an air fryer - place eggs in the air fryer basket. Cook at 250 °F for about 16 minutes. The exact timing may vary depending upon your make and model. If this is the first time making cooking eggs this way, cook only 1 or 2 eggs to ensure that the timing is correct and then cook the rest.On the stovetop - place eggs in the bottom of pot and add water so that they are covered with an extra inch or two to spare at the top. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then turn it off and allow the eggs to sit for 10-12 minutes. The exact time will vary depending upon your stove, pots, etc.
- When finished cooking, immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl filled with ice cold water for at least 5 minutes or until cool to touch.
- Peel eggs. Gently tap the end of each egg and then roll and crack the rest of the egg. The egg yolk should pop right out.
- Cut eggs in half and place the egg yolks in a small bowl. Use a fork to finely crumble the yolks and set aside.
- Chop the egg whites into small pieces and set aside.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to the bowl with the crumbled egg yolks and mix well to combine.
- Fold in chopped egg whites and any other ingredients, such as celery or chives.
- Enjoy on lettuce leaves, low-carb tortillas, thin-sliced bread, or chaffles!