- 4 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 cups mixed frozen berries
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp of orange zest
- 2 tbsp mint
A berry sarabande is the sweet ending to a pleasant meal. Berries in cream are a lovely spring dish — creamy, a bit tart, and very appetizing.
Even though you can use frozen fruit for this dessert, also think about what’s in season. It’s as simple as using in-season ripe peaches in the summer or pomegranate in the fall. Some other flavor ideas could be cardamom and rose or coconut and mango. Use your imagination to take this dish to a new level.
- Chill whipping cream and orange juice.
- Dissolve four tablespoons of gelatin in hot water and then chill.
- If berries were frozen remove some of the juice.
- While beating slowly; add the sugar, zest orange juice, cream of tartar until well combined.
- Once whipped, fold in the berries.
- Cover the inside of a Bundt pan with plastic wrap and add the berry and cream mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- When serving turn-over Bundt pan and pull the edge of the plastic wrap to remove from the pan.
- Remove the wrap and garnish with chopped mint.