- 1 lemon
- 12 ounces goat milk
- 12 ounces evaporated cow milk
- 15 cardamom pods
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1-ounce Nasturtium blossoms
- 1-ounce pumpkin seeds
- ½-ounce caraway
A sweet dessert is a great way to end a meal. This is a unique one and is very easy to make. There are a lot of soup recipes but, not many sweet ones. And this one is a palate pleaser. Simmering the milk rather than boiling prevents the milk from curdling. In this way, the milk retains its creamy texture and taste.
Adding some freshly ground nutmeg will add a spiced flavor to the milk. An Onion Brule or burnt onion will add enhanced flavor to the soup. You can easily pair goat’s milk with some zesty, citrusy sweet white wines.
- Peel the lemon and get rid of the pith.
- Completely dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Candy lemon peel by boiling for 60 minutes in the sugar water.
- Dip nasturtium blossoms in the hot sugar to candy. Set aside.
- Combine goat's milk and evaporated cow's milk in a saucepan.
- Stir in Cardamom pods and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with candied lemon peel and nasturtium blossoms, seeds and nuts.