- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces graham crackers
- 3 ripe avocado
- 3 ounces cashew nuts
This unique ice box cake dessert will be one you come back to again and again. Avocado is one of the most popular fruits of the moment due to it’s healthy fats and fiber content. But, most avocado recipes are savory.
Add a touch of ground nutmeg and cinnamon for added intensity of flavor. You can optionally omit the cashew if you are not fond of nuts. Adding a small drop of vanilla extract will also create a distinct flavor.
- Bloom the gelatin in a 1/4 cup of water. Microwave the mixture for 10 seconds and set aside.
- Using a whisk attachment, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Carefully pour the gelatin mixture into a bowl and mix at low speed.
- Add the condensed milk and continue whisking until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into two.
- Mash the 2 pieces of Avocado and mix with the first cream mixture.
- Thinly slice the remaining piece of avocado.
- Use a 9-inch glass baking dish and assemble the icebox cake.
- Place a small amount of the plain cream at the bottom and layer the graham crackers.
- Place a third of the avocado cream mixture and spread, topped with graham crackers.
- Repeat each step alternating the use of plain cream mixture and the avocado cream mix.
- Top with avocado wedges and cashew nuts. And chill for 2 hours before serving.