These mini cheese cups are bound to stop the show at your next party. Wildly delicious to eat and ultra-fancy to look at, they'll have guests wondering where you hid the caterer! The delicious cups are perfect for a finger-licking good hors d'oeuvres or for a plate-cleaning main course. Best of all, the cups are made from Folios Cheese Wraps, which are lactose-, grain- and gluten-free, and have only 1g of carbs, making them the best choice for a low-carb diet. Please everyone you know with these unbeatably cheesy and unique eggplant parm bites. Nobody has to know they're easy to make - that'll be our little secret.
- Preheat oven to 400°F & prepare tin by spraying with cooking spray.
- Prepare mini Folios cups by taking a Folios Cheese Wrap and cutting it into 4 equal pie slices.
- Then microwave each slice on parchment one at a time 25-30 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave.
- Remove and place in a section of a pre-sprayed mini muffin pan, pressing in gently till it forms a cup. It can be left in the pan to cool. Then repeat until all 12 mini cups are pre-made.
- The cups should be prepared ahead.
- Prepare eggplant filling: Heat a large skillet on med-high, add 2 tbsp olive oil and heat for 15 seconds, then add eggplant cubes and salt, stir often until eggplant is golden brown and soft (about 10-12 min).
- Remove from heat and stir in the marinara sauce, basil and 1/4 cup grated parmesan (leaving the remaining 2 tbsp for topping at the end).
- Divide the eggplant mixture evenly into the 12 cups. Sprinkle mozzarella and grated parmesan evenly over the 12 cups.
- Bake in the muffin pan on lower rack for 8-10 min, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove and let stand for 5 min.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Use a small spoon to loosen and remove from the pan. Serve warm or room temperature.