- 3 cups chicken broth (use this recipe or buy this one) (approx 720ml)
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into small pieces (approx 240g or 0.5 lb)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped (approx 57g)
- 1 green onion, chopped (approx 10g)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (approx 15g)
- 1 zucchini, peeled (approx 106g)
- Salt to taste.
DESCRIPTION: Enjoy some Paleo and gluten-free chicken noodle soup.
I was feeling a bit tired a few days ago and fearing that I had a cold coming down, I quickly made some nourishing Paleo chicken noodle soup. It’s just one of those foods that’s so comforting to eat!
Of course, instead of regular noodles, I used Paleo noodles – in this case zucchini noodles, which are really easy to make and taste really good in this soup.
And what’s even better is that this recipe is suitable for those on a Paleo autoimmune protocol or on a ketogenic diet as well.
- Dice the chicken breast.
- Add the avocado oil into a saucepan and saute the diced chicken in there until cooked.
- Add chicken broth to the same saucepan and simmer.
- Chop the celery and add it into the saucepan.
- Chop the green onions and add it into the saucepan.
- Chop the cilantro and put it aside for the moment.
- Create zucchini noodles – I used a potato peeler to create long strands, but other options include using a spiralizer or a food processor with the shredding attachment.
- Add zucchini noodles and cilantro to the pot.
- Simmer for a few more minutes, add salt to taste, and serve immediately.