- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice from Savory Spice 1 bunch of green onions Half a crown of broccoli 1 container of enocki mushrooms ½ of a small zucchini- sliced in matchstick slices 1 red pepper 1 onion 2 tablespoons of soy sauce 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar 1 tablespoon of sherry 2 tablespoons of honey 1 tablespoon of cornstarch ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder 1 pound of shrimp 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Tonight’s dinner is a shrimp stir-fry! Here are the ingredients and how I did it! The idea came from my Chinese Five Spice that I got from Savory Spice!
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice from Savory Spice
- 1 bunch of green onions
- Half a crown of broccoli
- 1 container of enocki mushrooms
- ½ of a small zucchini- sliced in matchstick slices
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sherry
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
To start with, I heated up a large skillet on medium heat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil and added in the peppers and onion. I cooked them until they became a beautiful golden color.
I added in the broccoli, green onion, and shrimp and let it cook until the shrimp turned pink.
I drizzled in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sherry, honey, five spice, and corn starch mixture to coat shrimp and vegetables.
I immediately put this in a serving dish to avoid over cooking the shrimp, and garnished it with green onions and served.
It was so yummy! Enjoy!