- 112g vegetable oil margarine
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 12 small squares of Belgian dark cooking chocolate (may need to cut 6 in half)
These delicious almond-flavoured cookies with chocolate in the middle are totally vegan-friendly, without any unusual ingredients! They're super easy to make and taste like heaven. Best enjoyed warm, to get that perfect melty chocolate centre. If baked in a muffin tray they'll come out cup-shaped (as pictured) - ideal for serving hot with a scoop of ice cream in them!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°C) and grease a 12-muffin tray (or baking trays for flat cookies).
- Stir margarine, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, ground almonds and almond milk.
- Mix thoroughly into a uniform texture.
- Take half the dough and spoon 12 equal amounts into the muffin tray (or onto the flat trays).
- Flatten the blobs of dough and press a chocolate square into each.
- Portion out the remaining dough over the top of each cookie, covering the chocolate square.
- Bake for 12 minutes then leave to cool until edible.