- 1 kg pork belly slab
- 10 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups DATU PUTI Patis
- 1 tsp UFC Whole Pepper , cracked
- 1 pc small onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc bay leaves
- 1-1/2 liters GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
- ½ cup MANG TOMAS All-Around Sarsa
Lechon Kawali is a belly-filling fried pork dish that is both tender and crunchy. The secret behind its texture lies in the frying oil used. In this dish, your heart will race in anticipation when you hear that crackle and pop of a marinated belly slab, deep-fried in hot Golden Fiesta cooking oil.
- Put pork in a pot , and pour water to cover pork . Add Datu Puti Patis, UFC Pepper, onion, garlic and bay leaves .
- Boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until tender. Drain and cool. Wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze overnight.
- In deep pot , heat Golden Fiesta Oil . Carefully put the meat into pot , and fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towel. Slice and serve with Mang Tomas All-Around Sarsa.