- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 Thick Slices of white bread - torn with crusts removed
- .5 Lb Ground pork
- 1 Lb Ground veal
- 1 Lb Medium Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 24 baby Bocconcini Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans San Marzano (or copy) tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve with
Serves 4 Gameday Freaks or 6
- Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the milk and bread in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or until milk is absorbed. Add the pork, oregano, basil, chilli, half the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Roll the mixture into 24 balls and press a Bocconcini into the centre of each meatball. Fold over the ball and seal well.
- Mash tomatoes into thin sauce.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large oven friendly frying pan over medium high heat.
- Sear the meatballs on all sides for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, partially cooked through. Remove to a paper towel.
- Add the remaining oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce, sugar and vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce.
- Finish in your pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove. Serve in a deep bowl, and pour 1 ladle of sauce over each stuffed meatball.
- Sprinkle with Fresh Parmesan to serve.