- 16 fresh oysters
- 5 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 oz bacon
- 1 oz chopped spinach
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Baked oysters are usually served as an appetizer for wine tasting menus since they are light, have a distinctive taste and party vibe. Oysters have a deliciously briny and flavorful meat and are considered a delicacy around the world.
Oysters are packed with nutrients. They’re high in vitamins and minerals. They are also a versatile ingredient. They can be a great addition to pasta dishes or stews and soups. You can also fry them in bread crumbs to create a great texture. Try our fried oyster recipe. You can also grill the oysters to create a delicious twist on most regular oyster recipes.
This baked oyster recipe has a cheese filling with four types of cheese. You can omit the smoked paprika if you don’t like the smoky flavor.
- Cut bacon into smaller pieces and cook until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Shuck the oysters and leave them in the bottom half of the shell.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze the chopped spinach to remove excess moisture.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar, bacon bits, spinach, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Set the oysters in their shells on the baking sheet.
- Scoop a dollop of cheese filling and top over the oyster.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Serve warm.