- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Dry Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tsps. Granulated Onion Powder
- 3 Tsps. Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsps. Coarse Cracked Pepper
- 3 Tbsps. Frank’s Red Hot
- ¼ Cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Cups Butter Milk
- 1 Cup Real Bacon Bits
- 3 Tsps. Minced Garlic
- 4 Tbsps. Butter (Salted)
- 2 Cups Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
Servings: Makes about 20-24 Bites
- Combine the dry macaroni and 3 cups of milk in a large pot. Bring it up to a boil over medium/high heat, occasionally stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and let the macaroni absorb the milk, it should look creamy. (About 15 mins.) Make sure to stir often.
- Once the pasta has absorbed most of the milk, season with salt, pepper, and onion. Add 2 Tbsps. Stir gently.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the shredded cheese. Remove from Mac n Cheese from the pot and put in a large bowl to cool.
- Get 3 bowls and set up a dipping station of the flour, Panko and buttermilk. Add 3 Tbsps. Frank’s Red to the buttermilk and mix until blended in.
- Scoop out the Mac N Cheese and form into 3” balls, roll tight by hand. Dip into the floor, buttermilk and then roll in Panko. Form the ball again so it’s tight. Repeat until all the Mac and Cheese is used. Set the preform bites all aside.
- In a large pot add the corn oil and boil until it reaches a fry temperature.( Test by dropping in a sample of the flour mixture, if sizzles you are good)
- Drop about 6 bites at a time, remove once they all are golden brown. Strain the bites to remove excess oil on paper towels. Repeat until all Mac n cheese bites are used.
BUFFALO BACON CREAM SAUCE
In a large fry pan add 2 Tbsps. butter and melt on high. Add the minced garlic, sauté until the butter is absorbed in the garlic and turns a light brown. Add the cream and reduce until thick. Add the Frank’s Red and bacon. Remove off heat and stir.
Grab a serving dish of your choice, add the bites. Drizzle with the Buffalo sauce. Garnish with celery and carrots. Top with fresh parsley. Put the remaining Buffalo sauce in s small bowl for dipping. Enjoy