- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Cup Mayo or Miracle Whip (you can use low cal if you like)
- 1 Cup Milk (you can use low fat)
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz. Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion (white)
- 1 Tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 2 Tsp. Pimentos
- 2 Nine Inch Deep Dish Pie Shells
- 1 finely chopped jalepeno (if you want it spicy)
I was born and raised near the Gulf Coast and I can remember as a child going to the docks to set our crab traps. There is aboslutely nothing that tastes as good as fresh crab. I found this recipe a while back and have used it several times. It is hearty and tasty and if you love crab, you will love this recipe!
Combine the eggs, flour, mayonnaise (you can use miracle whip) and milk (use 1% or 2% if you want to save calories is it just not as rich if you use whole milk) in a bowl and mix well. Without breaking up the crab lumps (you want to have hearty crab bites in your pie) stir in the rest of the ingredients and set it ashide. Bake your pie shells at 350 for 5 minutes, take out of the oven and let them cool. Spoon crab mixture into pie shells. Make sure you put an even amount in each pie shell. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.