A simple pancake recipe with a banana twist that makes an excellent dessert and is not only easy to make but won’t take more than 20 minutes of your time. Banana pancake recipe takes only the kind of ingredients you must have in your kitchen at all time – flour, milk and eggs, and you only need a pair of bananas to make them even better than the basic pancakes.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl. Use a large sized bowl to mix milk, egg, 2 teaspoon oil or butter and mashed bananas.
- A great way to easily mash bananas without making a mess in the kitchen is to put them in a zip lock bag or a regular plastic bag, simply mash with something heavy and pour the content out by turning the bag inside out.
- When you’ve stirred the mix well so it makes a smooth mixture, add the flour mix from the small bowl. It’s important not to stir too much because you’ll make all the air bubbles in the batter burst which makes pancakes taste rubbery and lack the fluffiness and lightness they should have.
- Don’t worry if you notice some lumps left over in the batter – they’ll disappear while you’re cooking pancakes.
- Use a large frying pan or a skillet, cover the surface with a thin layer of oil or butter. It’s best to soak a piece of kitchen paper towel in oil and lightly brush it on the frying pan.
- Put it over medium heat and wait for a couple of minutes for it to warm up.
- By using roughly 1/2 cup batter for each pancake, pour the batter in the frying pan.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until you notice bubbles forming and bursting in the batter, then flip the pancake and repeat the same with the other side.
- When all pancakes are done, serve hot and use an extra topping like honey or peanut butter according to taste.