- 1 head of cabbage (green or purple), thinly shredded (use food processor shredding attachment)
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly shredded
- 1/4 onion, peeled and thinly shredded
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
DESCRIPTION: Coleslaw is really easy to make and a great side dish!
One of the main issues of enjoying Paleo coleslaw is the mayo in coleslaw (most store-bought mayo uses canola oil). Of course you can make your own Paleo mayo (recipe here), but it’s sometimes too much of a hassle or you may be on the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) and can’t eat eggs.
That’s when this easy no-mayo coleslaw recipe comes in handy.
- Squeeze out excess water from the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and mix well.