- Rice- 400grams day old, more dry rice is always better as we\\\'re making fried rice, you can use freshly cooked rice but it\\\'ll probably get super soggy when adding the wet ingredients.
- Ketchup- 2tbsp we are making ketchup fried rice after all, also save some in the bottle for after.
- Oyster Sauce- 1tbpn I use this brilliant sauce for all my fried rice dishes it just adds a deeper flavour than soy sauce in my opinion (use sparingly).
- Garlic- 4 Cloves I love garlic so I use quite a lot but you can use 2 for a more subtle flavour
- Small Onion- 1
- Carrot- 1 or use 3-4 carrot sticks if you\'re feeling lazy
- Frozen peas- 1/2 cup should do if that\'s how you measure peas.
- Baby Sweetcorn- 6 if you can\'t find any, tinned sweetcorn is also fine, use half a small tin.
- Prawns - 200g peeled already cooked prawns are fine.
- White pepper- 1tsp
- Oil- 6tsp is good 3tsp for the rice and 3tsp for the omelette.
- Eggs- 2 eggs per person if you\'re making individual omelettes, if not use 3 for a thicker omelette.
What's there not to vibe about some ketchup fried rice wrapped in eggs with more ketchup on top. Yes, I said ketchup fried rice(It's a thing and it's great), you can tell I had this a lot as a kid with all that ketchup. When I was young my mum used to make this a lot, weirdly enough for breakfast too. Whenever I have eggs and ketchup now it takes me back to this and I get thinking where's my fried rice with this.Hell, I didn't even know my mum copied it off her Japanese friend until a few years ago(I didn't even know it was Japanese) and now I'm using her recipe (I have tweaked it so I'm not copying?) oh well... I guess that's cooking.Click here to view Full Recipe Directions