- 1 large round loaf (or 2 small round loaves) Sourdough or Rye Bread
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer olive oil mayo)
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped (I love the grilled artichokes that come in a jar, extra flavor!)
WARM CRAB ARTICHOKE DIP IN A BREAD BOWL is the perfect EASY appetizer for tailgating or celebrating with friends. The Super Bowl won’t be the same without this simple, classy, and cheesy dip!
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Cut the top off of the loaf of bread. Hollow out the bread, leaving 1/2 inch wall on all sides, to create the bowl. Tear or chop the bread you removed into chunks or cubes. Set bread bowl and cubes onto a large baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes to toast. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream. Stir until smooth.
4. Stir in the chopped artichokes, crab meat, peppers, onions, both sauces, garlic pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Finally, stir in the parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, and pepper jack.
6. Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl and pat down with your spoon to pack. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dip is fully heated through, melty, and bubbly.
8. Serve with pita chips, bagel chips, and the toasted bread chunks from the inside of the bowl.