- 1 cup (approx. 5 oz or 140 g) pitted olives
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic (add more if you like it really garlicky)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 zucchini
- 2 cans sardines
DESCRIPTION: This easy olive tapenade recipe is also great no matter which diet you’re on – it’s Paleo, AIP-friendly, and suitable for a low-carb/high fat or ketogenic diet.
I was looking for an easy sauce to mix with my paleo pasta (I used shredded zucchini), and this easy but flavorful olive tapenade recipe came to mind.
It’s super quick to make and involves no-cooking from start to finish. And for the protein, I used some nutritious canned sardines packed in olive oil, but you can also top your pasta with some pan-fried chicken or pan-fried fish.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend really well.
- To serve, shred the zucchini and divide between two bowls. Top with the tapenade and sardines.