- lobster meat (steamed and meat removed from the shells and finely chopped) 1 cup
- mascarpone cheese 1/4 cup
- ricotta cheese (full fat) 1/4 cup
- minced shallot 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- wrappers 50 wonton
- all purpose flour 50 grams
- tomato (diced) 1 Nos
- heavy cream 1/2 cup
Renowned the world over as a delicious Italian delicacy, Ravioli is simply thin pasta dough. You could only taste the better versions of this dish only at premier resort properties the likes of Baros Maldives, here is a recipe that you could make from the comfort of your home.
1. Into a bowl, add in the lobster meat, shallot, cheeses, salt and mix well. Then give it a taste and add some more salt if needed.
2. Keep a wonton wrapper on cutting board or a counter and add around 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture in the centre and wet the edges of the wrapper with some water with your fingers
3. cover the wrapper and mixture with another wrapper without making any air pockets.
4. When are done place the stuffed wrapper on a baking sheet or parchment and gently sprinkle some flour and dust it. Repeat the process until you have finished all the mixture.
5. Keep the wrappers on a baking tray and let it rest for a while in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
6. When you are ready, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a few wontons one by one (up to 6) and let them cook for up to 2-3 minutes.
7. Heat a pan, add in the cream and tomatoes and stir once every few minutes, Cook the sauce and wonton mixture until the sauce it is slightly thickened.
8. Once you have boiled wontons, add them to the pan with the sauce and toss them until they are thoroughly coated.
9. Once done plate the ravioli and serve hot.