- 24 oz shrimp
- 6 oz bacon
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
This bacon wrapped shrimp is a great appetizer for a cocktail party, a garden party, a summer grill out, or even brunch. Who doesn’t love skewers, right?
This recipe calls for baking to get the bacon crispy. But, you could easily grill this dish as well for an added smoky flavor. Just grill them for 5 minutes on each side.
Seafood is best paired with white wines. This bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer is not exception. But, because there’s bacon here, go for a full-bodies white.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with smoked paprika
- Wrap each shrimp with a bacon strip.
- Thread three of the wrapped shrimp onto each skewer.
- Arrange the skewers on a baking sheet and bake until the bacon is crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Plate while still hot and sprinkle feta cheese crumbles over the dish so that they melt slightly.