- 16 ounces chicken breast
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable Oil
- 25 ounces red wine
- 1 zest of a lemon
- Salt to taste
It doesn’t get more decadent than this dish. Coq au Vin is a French classic. But this version you can make at home.
If you want to add some additional flavor, you could add some tarragon or herb de Provence to this recipe. You may could also add some potatoes and carrots to soak up the tasty gravy of this dish.
This recipe calls for a bottle of red wine, well our suggestion is that it should be a medium-bodied red wine. You don’t want a heavy red wine that would overpower the chicken.
- Mince the garlic and zest the lemon.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute the garlic and chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 40 minutes.
- Once the meat is tender, season with salt and add some lemon zest.