- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg
- 3 tablespoon Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 Cups vegetable Oil
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Chicken is the most popular meat in the United States. Why not chicken as a meatball? These won’t be dried since they’re fried.
The recipe calls for an easy mayo-mustard sauce. But these would be delicious in a marinara, barbecue or teriyaki sauce as well.
This would be a lovely dish with a rosé. They are light and compliment the chicken well.
- Prepare the Sauce: In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and dijon mustard. Mix well until fully incorporated and let it chill.
- In a big bowl, mix all together with the ground chicken, garlic powder, wheat flour, Worcestershire sauce, Oyster Sauce, Paprika, Onion Powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. And add whisked 1 whole egg.
- Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out the mixture and form it into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Standard breading procedure. Flour - Egg Wash - Flour
- Deep fry the meatballs until golden brown and put it in a bowl lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Plate and top with the sauce.